ArcWest Architects was hired to help revive an historic property in Englewood’s historic downtown, at 3400 South Broadway. Originally constructed in 1920 as a J.C. Penney department store and most recently a retail lighting showroom, the building has housed a variety of businesses.
ArcWest client, BHS Properties, purchased the property, a large single story building with approximately 29,000 gsf. This includes a 12,000 gsf basement,12,000 gsf main level, and a 4,500 gsf mezzanine located at the back of the building.
Full of asbestos and antiquated utilities, the building was completely gutted and upgraded to accommodate new uses along the popular “Old Town” district. Three core and shell spaces were finished for each of the three tenants occupying the space.
General Contractor: SNYDER BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
After Photographs: John Johnston Photography